Geoffrey G. Nathan – Managing Partner
Law Offices of Geoffrey G. Nathan-Boston & Quincy, Massachusetts
20+ Years of Experience With Proven Results – 80% Not Guilty Verdicts
Do you need outstanding criminal defense counsel? Get to know Attorney Nathan, and then please contact him right away:
- 80% of cases found not guilty. Over 2,000 plea bargains, 500 lobby conferences, 1000 constitutional motions argued, 50 bench trials, and seventeen jury of twelve or six trials to verdict. This includes superior court not guilty verdicts after co-defendant pled guilty.
- Trials in district court have included felonies and misdemeanors; superior court pleas have concluded via plea bargain to house time.
- Provided criminal defense in the district and superior court departments of the trial court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court.
- Federal criminal trial: attempted bank robbery, defendant indicted under three strikes law after FBI sting operation.
- Federal criminal plea: engaging in business of dealing in firearms to low end of guidelines.
- Federal white collar experience: US v. Burns, a $20 Million wire fraud indictment; US v. Hebert, negotiated bank fraud information.
- Superior court trials include First Degree Murder with not guilty verdict, “habitual criminal,” attempted murder, motor vehicle homicide, carjacking home invasion, white collar crime.
- Cases have been featured in major media including Co. v. Patel, where newspaper denounced plea agreement as too lenient. Suppression of confessions in superior court and drugs seized in district court.
- Experience in negotiating with FBI & Secret Service agents in a counterfeit money case, to preclude Federal indictment via defendant cooperation
- Experience in dealing with ATF in excise tax avoidance; interstate firearms violations and illegal tobacco shipping.
National Recognition of Attorney Nathan
Attorney Nathan has a national presence as a commentator for the CourtTV network. He comments on strategies used by other nationally recognized attorneys, and has cross-examined forensic experts on high-profile cases. While most cases do not require this level of attention or detail, Attorney Nathan has developed these skills both in court and on live national television. Few lawyers are privileged and skilled enough to obtain this level of legal practice.
The Education of Attorney Nathan
- Boston College Law School, Boston, MA, 1984
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Law Publication: Member, Boston College International and Comparative Law Review, 1982 – 1984
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1980
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: With Honors, Dean’s List
- Course work: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; Georgetown University, Washington, DC; George Washington University, Washington, DC Attended while employed by the White House Press Office and White House Advance (1978-1979).
- White House Press Office and White House Advance, 1978 – 1979
- Brian Cunha & Associates, Fall River, MA, Attorney, 1991 – 1992
- Halstrom Law Offices, P.C., Boston, MA, Associate Counsel, 1992 – 1993
- Trial of Brain injury case which resulted in a $1.4 million verdict.
Additional Details About Attorney Nathan
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers Number 552110, a licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts since 1988, admitted to practice in both Federal and State courts.
- His father headed Massachusetts Children’s Hospital for over 20 years, Director of Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston and was awarded the National Medal of Science by President Bush for his work in Blood Disorders. Besides being inspired by his father’s work, Attorney Nathan has contacts with some of the worlds premier physicians and forensic experts used to find defendants innocent in cases where DNA, blood, tissues and other biological evidence is at issue.